Welcome to The Baseline, the Palestine Herald-Press sports blog. Here, you'll find breaking news updates, live game updates, thoughts and musings on sports, both local and national, and more.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Taking a more local approach

In yesterday's post (here), I hinted at putting some state and national stuff here at The Baseline because we've had talks about taking a more local approach to the actual, hard-copy sports page in the Herald-Press.

The question is, what's that mean? Well, it means I'm going to try and write some more, for one. Whether it be additional features to game previews to simple briefs, the idea is to get more about the local sports scene on the paper itself.

So, with more local copy in print, what happens to stories about, say, the Cowboys or the Rangers? Well, that's where it'll get tricky. If space allows, those types of stories will still get into the paper. If it doesn't, then they won't.

I won't be putting the stories from the Associated Press here at the blog, per say. But, if something in the state or national sports landscape requires my opinion, I'll voice it.

That may irk some readers, while others my find it refreshing. All I know is that the goal of the Herald-Press is to be the paper of record for Anderson County and the rest of the Dogwood Circle. I feel my best bet to help with that is to produce some more local copy.

What do you think? Let me know below in the comments or send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment