Welcome to The Baseline, the Palestine Herald-Press sports blog. Here, you'll find breaking news updates, live game updates, thoughts and musings on sports, both local and national, and more.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year's Resolutions and such

Everyone has their basic New Year's Resolutions. Get in shape, eat better, be better with money, etc. In fact, all three of those are my personal resolutions for 2011. Will I be able to do it? Who knows, but I'm going to try.

But, in addition to personal resolutions this year, I made a couple of professional ones as well. Namely, I'm going to be more out there. I'm going to get away from merely being on the sports page. So, my plan is to blog more as well as probably set up a dedicated Twitter account for the sports department here at the paper. We've also got a possible podcast in the works, where myself and others will get on and talk a little sports for people's listening pleasure. With the absence of any sports radio in the area outside of game broadcasts, I think that it'll be a good venture. At least I hope it will be.


So, as I said, I'm going to get back to being a better blogger along with a better writer, editor and the like. Not only will I tackle local topics here, but you can also get my take on national sports topics as well. Same goes for the potential podcast, which is tentatively titled 'View From the Cheap Seats.' (Note: Thanks to my buddy Kyle for that name suggestion, because I was stumped. You'll get to know Kyle, I plan on having him on the show).

Anyway, those are my goals or resolutions or whatever. I hope I can uphold them in for you guys. If not, keep me in check, will ya?

What are some of y'all's resolutions for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment